As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
On June 29, 2015, CTL and ICON plc held a Drug Development Boot Camp™ at Weill Cornell Medical College. Attendees learned the keys to developing a successful drug candidate. The program offered information and practical advice for all, including early stage entrepreneurs, and feature presentations and discussion by drug industry leaders, intellectual property specialists, and regulatory, clinical trial, and reimbursement experts.
- Preclinical Development and Characterization
- Selecting and Predicting Drug Discovery Candidates
- Regulatory Considerations
- Chemistry, Manufacturing & Controls
- Clinical Strategy & Logistics
- Moving to the Registration Phase
- Business of Drugs
- & Keynote Address on Global Trends & the Pharma Perspective by Craig Wheeler, Cornell Alumnus and President/CEO of Momenta Pharmaceuticals